Oct 5, 2011

You Are Beautiful in God's Eyes - Book Review

I am beautiful! Three simple words, yet for many women they are the most difficult words to say. Why? Why do we find it so hard to look in the mirror and see beauty staring back at us?


Lisa Shaw addresses my question (and I’m sure many other women) in her book You Are Beautiful in God’s Eyes.

Lisa’s book is an excellent, easy to understand, touching read. It seems almost as if you’re sitting across the table from your best girlfriend having a cup of tea and a little heart to heart conversation.

First and foremost she invites us to see what God says about us. Next, she takes us into different reasons why we may see ourselves as less than beautiful. Several times as I read I found myself nodding my head because I identified with what I was reading.

I found this book to be one that reaches out to encourage and uplift women. I found myself following some of Lisa’s closing words at the end. She encourages her readers

“Now, go look in the mirror and smile the biggest smile you can and say I am beautiful in God’s eyes. I am filled with His deeper inner beauty! My life and my heart are His.”
Powerful words I’m sure you’ll agree and really, isn’t it what God thinks about us that really matters?

You can find out more about purchasing a copy of You Are Beautiful in God’s eyes here.


Trusting Him,
~Bernadine~

6 comments:

  1. I love the title of the book it says it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much precious sister for sharing this! Your words have blessed me tremendously so I know God receive all the glory!

    I'm so thankful the Book has touched your heart. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review Bernadine. Love Lisa's sweet spirit and I'm sure the book is a blessing. I must order me a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won a copy of Lisa's book and look forward to reading it this week. She is such an encourager, and I feel so blessed to call her friend.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds very interesting. All women want to feel beautiful on the inside. So I am curious to see what the Lord's perspective on beauty is. Thanks for informing us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so appreciate your warm words ladies! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.