Jul 3, 2012

Don't Miss the Moment


“I feel so good today!”

These heartfelt words came from the young gentleman who was helping me with my groceries.  “Really, did something special happen today?” I asked him.  He went on to tell me that he had gotten his report card that day and he was excited because he had done so well.  When we reached to my car he reached into his pocket, pulled out his report card and proudly showed it to me.  I’d never met this young man but I was happy to share in his excitement.  I told him to keep up the good work and that I was proud of him.  I had about $7.00 left after paying for my groceries so I gave it to him and told him to take that as a small reward for his excellent report card.  He left me with a bright smile on his face feeling happy that someone took time to share in his success.

As I got into my car, I thought about that short moment in time and I was thankful that I didn’t miss it. It took but a moment of my time to make someone’s day.  But, many times I’m guilty of allowing busyness to cause me to not be present in the moment...  

I'm at Laced With Grace today.  Do stop by to read the rest of my post  Don't Miss the Moment










Trusting Him,
 ~Bernadine~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.