Sep 14, 2011

Things that make you go hmmm...

I’m channeling Arsenio Hall today, with things that make you go hmmm…




What if God was like us?

Hmmm…

What if He judged us the way we judged others?

Hmmm…

What if He answered us in an icy tone when we spoke to him?

Hmmm…

What if He took his own slow time forgiving us?

Hmmm…

What if He made it obvious that although we were forgiven our sins were not forgotten?

Hmmm…

What if He brought them up every time we disappointed Him?

Hmmm…

What if He withheld His love from us when we needed Him most?

Hmmm…

I don’t know about you but I’m sooo… thankful God is not like me because I’d be in big time trouble. I would not want to be at my mercy on one of my bad days:)

While there are some times when I’m pleased with my progress in God there are some days when I think girl, you have such a long way to go. This is why ever so often I have periods of self evaluation where I remind myself not to judge, to forgive, to watch my tone, to leave the past in the past… all of the things that are so easy to forget in the heat of a moment.

But, I'm gonna keep trying to remember to be more like Him...


Trusting Him,
 ~Bernadine~

3 comments:

  1. Thank God -He who began this "Good Work" in us -is STILL completing it. I am striving to be more of what God has called me to be everyday. And I am thankful for the promise that He WILL get it done.

    Bernadine,thanks for the reminder that we need to check ourselves against the attributes of our LORD,daily. When we do, we realize-"We've come a long way, but we still have a LONG way to go!"

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and what if He chose to ignore and not answer us the way we can often do to each other as people.

    ...and what if He chose to get offended and stop talking to us the way we often do as people.

    Oh I can go on but I'm so thankful that He is NOT us. That's why He is God and our name is something else :)

    Thank you for this very REAL message as only you can share. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Bernadine,this post is so good and it does make us think,of all the times we've acted foolishly. I really enjoyed the read and thank God also that He is not like us.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.