Jan 25, 2012

God Will Do What He Says He Will Do

No weapons formed against me shall prosper it won’t work…

That song has been lingering in my spirit since this year began. I have practically worn out my Fred Hammond cd playing it.

God will do what he says he will do, he will stand by his word he will come through…

I have needed the encouragement and indeed it has encouraged me. So I thought I’d share it with my dearest bloggy friends… you.

Has God promised you something that he has not yet brought to pass?

Don’t give up! Hold fast to his promise, he will do what he says he will do.


Does it sometimes feel as if he has forgotten you? Continue to have faith, he will stand by his word. He will come through.

Do you find it difficult to accept the promises of God at times? So do I. I know it doesn’t seem a very Christian-like thing to admit but…

Sometimes I get discouraged to the point where I don’t want to hear anyone saying to me that God is going to keep his word.

I’ve read it.

I can recite it.

I know in theory (and by personal experience) that he keeps his word. He fulfills his promises, he doesn’t forget his children.

But some days I don’t want to hear what God is going to do I want to see him move on my time.

On days like that I get discouraged, I pout, I cry, I question him.

However, my pouting doesn’t cause him to move one moment faster that he planned to. It simply reveals to me that I have some more growing to do.

And so I encourage myself. I find solace in His word. I put my focus on the giver and not the gifts. I remind myself that I’ve come too far to doubt his promises now.

So I ask myself…

- What if Jairus had give up when the servant told him not to bother Jesus because his daughter was dead?

- What if the woman with the issue of blood had believed the report of the last doctor she’d seen and not trusted Jesus for a miracle?

- What if the man lying at the pool of Bethesda for 38 years had asked someone to take him home the day before Jesus came by?

They would all have missed out on their miracle.

I don’t want to be known as, “the one who missed out because she got discouraged” or “the one who because God didn’t do it in her time or in her way didn’t think he’d do it at all…”

So my dear bloggy friends, I’d just like to remind you, me, us… as January begins to wind down and the newness of the new year inevitably begins to fade that God is a keeper of his word.

His promises are sure.

He will do what he says he will do.

He will stand by his word.

He will come through.

Sometimes he answers “while we are yet praying” and sometimes he takes longer than we feel comfortable with. But however he does it be assured that he will do it.

As the enemy begins to send the weapons of doubt and fear to your mind don’t let it get inside of you. Remember the weapons will form but they won’t prosper… unless we let it.

My friends whatever promises God has made to you in this year hold on to them… He will come through.

I had no intentions of writing this lengthy post, I simply wanted to share this song with you but God had other plans.



I hope this song encourages you and gives you hope as it has done me.


Trusting Him,
~Bernadine~

4 comments:

  1. that is right sis no weapon formed against us shall prosper so enemy get back and go where you came from for we are God's children and we have the victory! AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I will give to you the faithful mercies of David", Acts 13: 34.

    Simply trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernadine! Such a faithful message. His patience toward us while we come to this realization is precious. We need to remember to look at all the blessings He has preformed for us and those we love! Blessings and joy dear sister in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is faithful, I am waiting upon him in times of joy or pain He is there. Amen and Amen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.