Dec 2, 2018

Follow His Lead


When I was planning my wedding, I had a vision of a beautiful first dance. However, I am not a very good dancer. So, I was concerned about looking silly swaying from side to side during the first dance. I shared my concerns with my then fiancĂ©. He sweetly said, “Don’t worry about it, Honey. I’ll teach you. Just follow my lead.”

So, two days before our wedding my fiancĂ© taught me a simple waltz. it was quite interesting at first. One of the reasons was that I’d get so distracted thinking about where my feet should go that I missed his cues. However, as time passed our movements became more in sync. As a result, on our wedding day we glided around the floor without a trace of awkwardness. I’m sure it’s because I willingly followed his lead.

At times my life feels out of sync with God and I wish it would flow as smoothly as that first dance did. Unfortunately, I don’t always willing follow His lead like I should. Recently, I’ve been talking to Him about something that’s very important to me. All the signs are pointing in the direction He wants me to go. Yet, I hesitate. I ask Him for another sign, simply because it’s not the direction I want to go.

I often sing the song, Where He leads Me, I will follow; but still at times, I hesitate and second guess myself when He leads. Today, as I write this devotional, I’ve made up my mind that I’m going to trust Jesus to lead me and to follow His lead. He truly knows what’s best for me and I want my life to be in sync with His with plans.

8 I will instruct you (says the Lord) and guide you along the best pathway for your life; I will advise you and watch your progress. 9 Don’t be like a senseless horse or mule that must have a bit in its mouth to keep it in line! Psalm 32:8-9 (TLB)
This devotion was also posted at Laced With Grace

Trusting Him,
 ~Bernadine~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.