Sep 21, 2013

A word for the discouraged

Through out time God has watched
And listened to his children as they
Came to him with tear streaked faces
And questioning eyes.

He has watched sadly and sometimes
Quietly as they left his presence
With heavy hearts and shoulders slumped
Thinking he hadn’t heard their petitions.

He has closed his eyes in quiet pain
As yet another whispered why Lord?
Why? Reached his ear.  He’s listened sadly
To the cries of when? Lord when will it all end?

The night has been long and hard.
The enemy has used the covering of darkness
To bring confusion fear, anger and depression.

In the darkness it seems as if you have nothing.
In the darkness it is easy to doubt God.
It is human to doubt in the darkness because
With the physical eyes you can’t see any way out.

But God has seen, He’s listened and now
He’s saying to someone, Morning has broken.
He is saying I am with you even in the darkness.
When all seem bleak I am here.  I will never leave you

Nor forsake you.  Trust in me my child.  Morning has broken.

Trusting Him,
~Bernadine~

Shared previously on my teen girl blog.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, timely words for me. Thanking the Lord for speaking through you... Morning has broken. Three words filled with so much hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that this ministered to you Lidia. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Joy comes in the morning!
    A morning without cloud.

    GBWY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.