Sep 4, 2010

Are you living by faith?


4 "See, he is puffed up;
his desires are not upright—
but the righteous will live by his faith [d] – (emphasis mine)
Habakkuk 2:4


But the righteous will live by his faith…

As I read this verse today the old song living by faith comes to mind

Living by faith in Jesus above,
Trusting, confiding in His great love;
From all harm safe in His sheltering arm,
I’m living by faith and feel no alarm.
By James Wells

I remember belting out this song in church when I was a little girl. It still brings back memories of our old choir director who started every song with his gruff voice, little old ladies beating tambourines and an excited congregation clapping their hands and stomping their feet as they passionately offered praises unto God.

I didn’t really understand the concept of living by faith when I was a child. However as I go back and revisit some the words of the songs we use to sing I realize the old hymns of yester year really get to the heart of the matter.

If I’m a child of God I should be living by faith.
If I am living by faith I shouldn’t be alarmed by the things I see (or don’t see) happening in the natural realm.

Living by faith means living my life and making my decisions based on what God’s word says even when it doesn’t seem to make any sense to do so. His ways are completely different from ours so He expects us to follow him, believing that his plans for our lives will come to pass.

Trusting Him,
 ~Bernadine~

Photo credit : 123RF (Royalty Free Stock Photos)

3 comments:

  1. I love this line, "Living by faith means living my life and making my decisions based on what God’s word says even when it doesn’t seem to make any sense to do so."

    This can be both difficult and freeing at the same time. Great thoughts Bernadine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, Bernadine! You are right, some of the old songs and hymns were 'packed with meaty messages'...I love to sing the old like the new.

    Love & peace,
    <>< Iris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.