Sep 24, 2010

He's Written Our Life Story



“I wish I had made different choices,” she said to me head hung down.

“What do you mean?” I asked because we were just chatting, not really talking about anything serious.

She didn’t respond, just continued what she was doing so I said to her, “Do you know that none of the decisions you made in your life even the ones you considered your biggest mistakes surprised God?






She stopped and waited for me to go on. I shared the following verse with her,


You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:16 (NLT)

We’ve all probably wondered a time or two, “Did I make decisions that threw my life off the course God set for me?”

Don’t despair. Nothing that happens in our life is a surprise to God. Our life story was written in His book before we were even conceived.

He knew every decision we were going to make and he had a plan in place for when we didn’t choose his predestined path. The place you’re at in life is not your final destination. There is still more that you are capable of, still more that God has planned for you if you would just trust him.

At the end of our conversation she said to me, “I think I need to keep a copy of that verse so I can read it daily and let it sink in.” I was only too happy to make a bookmark with the verse on it to present to her. I made one for myself too as a reminder that there is nothing about me that God doesn’t already know and he loves me just the same.

Trusting Him,
~Bernadine~


Photo credit: 123rf photos

7 comments:

  1. Great counsel! Your friend is blessed to have a Christian friend like you. This was good verse to use.

    I have been meditating on Isaiah 41:10 a lot lately - "despair not." We can despair over our past, but it is past, and if we have taken it to God, it is forgotten/forgiven. We can rejoice!

    I am interested in the photograph. Is that one you took, or did you purchase it from a site? I'm trying to use more pictures to go along with articles, and I'm wanting to do one on forgiveness, and this picture would fit, too. Is this your picture? Is it one I could "borrow"?

    Thanks, Warren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, beautifully said my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blogg. Thank you

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Psalms always have been a great comfort to my soul. I dig into them when I get discouraged. Thank you for sharing this particular one with us.

    Love & peace,
    <>< Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernardine,

    This is a great post! I'm just sitting here thinking about how He already knows every word I'm going to type before it enters my mind. Thank you for writing a post that has directed my thoughts onto Him at this time, because I have been distracted by other things today.

    God bless you & your week,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Congratulations"!! I'm so happy for you-"you go girl"! Being published in any magazine is a big thing,God has given you a wonderful message and put it where many more people will be blessed.I'm so happy Bernadette for how God is using you.
    Love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very comforting! Our God is just so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Do leave a note so I can return the compliment.